The mission of the Pitt County Community Schools and Recreation Creative Experiences for Children Program is to provide a quality program of activities for students in grades K-6 (through 12 years old). This program is designed to meet a critical need of families in the community through maximizing the utilization of the resources of the school system.
- To meet a critical need in the community in an effort to improve the quality of life for families.
- To provide a program including quality activities that are both educational and recreational for students in kindergarten throughout sixth grade (through 12 years old). Activities include active games, arts and crafts, music, homework time, and free time during which children may choose selected activities.
- To provide a safe and stimulating environment for children that utilizes the resources of the school system.
- To provide a qualified, enthusiastic staff with the ability to plan programs that offer positive motivation for children.
- To provide an atmosphere for enrichment activities that will encourage creativity as well as growth and development of mind and body.
- To work cooperatively with other agencies and organizations in maximizing program opportunities for students.
- Creekside Elementary
- Chicod School
- Eastern Elementary
- Elmhurst Elementary
- H.B. Sugg / Sam D Bundy
- Lakeforest Elementary
- Ridgewood School
- W.H. Robinson Elementary
- Wintergreen Intermediate
- Wintergreen Primary
The After School Enrichment Program begins on Monday, August 23, 2021 and ends on the last day of school. The Program will not operate if the Pitt County Schools are closed for holidays or due to weather conditions. The Program will not operate the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving, Christmas holiday and Easter holiday.
On School days from the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m.
- Active Outdoor Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Enrichment Activities
- Group Games
- Homework Time and Free Time
- Inside games
Healthy snacks are served daily.